3-31-10: Legislative Lightning Round — Crossover Edition
General Assembly bills that didn’t pass one chamber by Monday are now mired in a Rules Committee. We’re giving supporters and opponents of several bills that did make it past Crossover Day 60 seconds each to make their case. If these bills get to a floor vote and pass, next stop is Governor O’Malley’s pen.
Legislative Lightning Round for Wednesday, March 31, 2010:
- For: Sen. David Harrington (D – Prince George’s County)
- Against: Del. Mike Smigiel (R – Caroline, Cecil, Kent, and Queen Anne’s Counties)
- For: Sen. Brian Frosh (D – Montgomery County)
- Against: Del. Christopher Shank (R – Washington County)
- For: Del. Marvin Holmes (D – Prince George’s County)
- Against: Sen. Paul Pinsky (D – Prince George’s County)
- For the House bill: Del. Jeffrey Waldstreicher (D – Montgomery County)
- For the Senate bill: Sen. Brian Frosh (D – Montgomery County)
- Responsible for the amendment to the House bill that’s forcing a compromise: Del. Luiz Simmons (D – Montgomery County)
Miss the last Legislative Lightning Round? Take a listen.